Tuesday 29 May 2012

WAQT KA TAMASHA---A HINDI POEM-3 ;SPECTACLE OF TIMES---ENGLISH POEM-3

EK GEET (A SONG IN 'HINDUSTANI)

IS JISM MEIN KYA AAG THHYI, KHOON KHOLTA HAR BAAT PE,
KYA DHUAN DHUAN SA KAR DIYA, IS UMAR KI BARSAAT NE.
(My blood boiled on every issue for, hot-blooded I was in my prime,
Advancing age has mellowed me down and life has lost its shine.)

KISKO SUNAYE DASTAAN, CHARON TARAF DHUAN-DHUAN,
KAL ADAB SE JHUKTA JAHAN, AAJ KOI BHI NA LETA DUA.
(Who shall I narrate my tale of woe, when emptiness keeps me company?
There was time when world bowed before me, now, who cares for me?)

KAL KI FIKAR MEIN HUMNE TOH KHUSHIYAN LOOTAYI AAJ KI,
KAL TOH KABHI AAYA NAHIN, BANI JINDAGI MOHTAZ THHYII.
(Alas! I wasred the happy moments of 'present times' worrying for the 'future',
The 'Future' never came but I have now become an object of mercy for others.)

HUMSE BOHAT KATRATE THHAIYE, DUNIYA KO SAMJHE JO JAGIR,
UNKO BHI HUMSE KHAUF THHA , JO MAUT KE BANTE SAFEER.
(There was time when people who had world at their feet, they felt shy of me,
And even those who claimed to be merchants of death, seeing me would flee.)

ITIHAAS KE PANNE BHI TOH, YEHI FALSAFA HUMKO SUNAYE,
'ARJUN' WOH HI 'GANDIV" BHI, BACHON SE LEKIN MAAT KHAYE.
(Even the pages pf History do narrate to us an interesting episode!
Great ARJUNA and his GANDEEV were beaten by small time kids.)

YEH TOH WAQT KA TAMASHA "rajee",HAR LAMHE PE PARDA GIRE,
ROTE HUE UNHE DEKHA HAI, JAWANI MEIN JO THHAIYE SARFIRE. 
(It is a spectacle of times "RAJEE" that pleasant momments, once gone , never arrive,
As I have seen most powerful men in their prime, crying in the closing years of life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment